Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome to October - a beautiful month for a math quiz

I hope everyone had an wonderful three day weekend.  I was hard at work at school continuing to work on our language program, getting ready for the open house and planning.  So many excited things are going to be happening this month in Room 119.  To start things off, on Monday the students will be setting up their own blogs on the Kidblog website.  I have set up names for each of them with passwords.  This closed, secure site will allow the students to submit assignments,  have monitored discussions and will give them the opportunity to communicate with one another.  The site is located @ http://kidblog.org/MsGreensclass-2/  .  Students will be able to create their own avatars and personalize their user profiles.

When you read the newsletter this month, Mrs. Potashner has spoken about Jennifer Branch and the Student Work Study Initiative.  I am so happy to have Ms. Branch in Room 119 for the next 12 Tuesdays to work with our students and listen to their voices.  What an amazing opportunity!

We will be starting Number Sense and Numeracy this week...which means, of course that we will be having a Math Quiz on Tuesday focusing on Patterning.  Students will also be assessed on their Math Journals and other work we have done in class.

See you all on Wednesday afternoon.

Ms. Green

No comments:

Post a Comment