Saturday, August 18, 2012

Welcome to Room 119

Welcome back to an exciting new school year!

I am so pleased to have your child in my class this year.  Grade 6 is such an important transition year.  As students develop their skills in their last year of the Junior Division and begin to take on more leadership opportunities in the school,  they begin to have greater responsibilities than they have had in previous years.  I look forward in supporting them during this rapidly changing time.

A very important part of developing their learning skills is the use of their agenda.  It is important for them to keep track of all their homework and special events and projects that are coming up.  It also acts as a great form of communication between the home and the school.  Please send in $5.00 to pay for the school agenda or your child must show me the agenda they will be using for the year.  It will be their responsibility to keep their agenda updated.  Their last period teacher will check their agenda at the end of the day and I will be checking for parent or guardian signatures when I see students at the beginning of the day.

Homework and other information will also be available on our class blog.  The blog site is msgreens2012blog.blogspot.ca.  You can follow the blog by going to the home page and submitting your email address into the "Get updates from Ms. Green as they Happen"  gadget.   All the students in the class will be acquainted with the blog in the first week and they will be able to show your around.

The list of school supplies is on the blog as well. If you are going to shop for school supplies, these are the items that I suggest will be most helpful in the Grade 6 classroom this year.

The yearly information package is being sent home today (September 4th).  Please make sure you fill everything out and return it by Monday, September 10, 2012.  Please fill out the contact information forms so that I can easily contact you when needed.  I also have some questions for you to fill out on the back to let me know about your child.

My goal is to call everyone by the end of next week to introduce myself and to answer any questions you may have.  If you wold like to meet with me, please contact me at the school to make an appointment so that that I can put time aside to give you my full attention.   I can also be reached at msgreensemail@gmail.com .  I will get back to you within 24 hours .

I am looking forward to meeting you (in some cases...again) and getting to know your child.

Ms. Green

No comments:

Post a Comment