Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Playing Cards in the Classroom

As I watch the students in Room 119 playing cards...yes, playing cards, during math class, I am inspired to finally write in the class blog.  They just finished their last math test of the year as we complete our probability unit.  They are now working on creating a card game and calculating the probability of certain outcomes.  I gave them the opportunity to choose their own partners.  I explained that being able to choose a that you know you can work well with is a learning skill.  On the most part, I was impressed with the choices that were made.  I am looking forward to the games that they come up with.

As you know, we are starting EQAO tomorrow and I know the students have been working very hard to prepare for their assessment.  Everyone took a letter home to explain what it was all about and the best way to prepare. A good night's sleep, a healthy breakfast and healthy snacks will certainly help out.  Students also had a note in their agenda yesterday reminding them that Cell Phones need to stay in their bags or be given to me. I also reminded them that if they are away, they will have to make up the sections that they have missed. Please make every effort to ensure that your child is on time for classes as we are starting first thing in the morning.  If students need to be out of school, make sure they are out of school after recess.

After the assessments in the morning, students will be working on a number of summative tasks in Social Studies and Science, as well as their final narrative in Language. The year will finish up with the conclusion of our Social Studies, the dreaded Growth and Development unit (ewww...) and our Dance unit. June is a busy month as always.


Ms Green J


No comments:

Post a Comment