Everything you wanted to know about what's going on in Room 119 but were afraid to ask
Friday, November 9, 2012
Remembrance Day
Today we took part in a lovely and moving Remembrance Day Assembly. Afterwards, we had a discussion about the meaning of Remembrance Day and why it is important to talk about the soldiers who gave their lives. We also began a discussion about the Holocaust. As a follow up, students were to answer the questions: Why is Remembrance Day important and what does it mean to you? Here are some of the answers:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rememberance Day
ReplyDeleteI think that Rememberance Day is about how we honour the soilders that died to protect our country. I think that because we stand for two minutes of silence to honour the soilder when we hear that he/she has fallen in the battle field. That's what I think rememberance day is about.
It is important to me since my father was in war and he made it back home. I discovered that I am lucky that he came back home. That is why Rememberance Day is important to me.
I think Remembrance day is about all the soldiers that fought and risked their lives for us to protect us.They left their families and said I will go to war and protect Canada. If soldiers wouldn't protect us then we might not be here now. I understand this like putting a force field around Canada.
ReplyDeleteBy Evan
Remembrance Day means a lot to me because the soldiers(some) sacrifice their life to protect Canada. It is soooo important because the other countries will take our land and we wouldn't be here. That is why its very important
ReplyDelete-------SSSSSAAAAARRRRRAAAAA
I think Rememberance Day is a day deticated to the soldiers that risked their lives for our country. They made a big sacrifice, like leaving their families for us. They protect us in every way they can.
ReplyDeleteRememberance Day is important to me because family members of mine were deticated to the Canadian Army and Royal Canadian Air Force and two of them fought in the World Wars.
By:
KATIE
Now that i get the question, here's my answer : i think rememberance day is about soldiers that sacrificed they life to protect us and left they family and they could never return and see they family so we could live. It's important to me because my aunt husband went but he returned in another war but i think some of my other relative went to, also its important because if no solder fought, Canada could of be ruined and who would of know where we would be now? And we could of not be born because our grandmother or some one was killed so our mom wouldn't born and we wouldn't be born.
ReplyDeleteI think Remembrance Day is a time when we acknowledge the soldiers who went to fight for Canada. They were very brave people and were willing to give up their lives for thousands of others.
ReplyDeleteI think Remembrance Day is important because it's a good thing to be proud of our country and to care that we have so much and to be protected by the army. I'm proud to be Canadian and I'm glad that soldiers were brave enough to fight for our country.
By Trinity
I think Remembrance day is about a day to remember the soldiers that risked their lives and died for the freedom of this country. Remembrance day is important to me because if there were no soldiers to fight Canada would be Germany.I also think remembrance day is important because Canada is still a multicultural country and people have the right to be free.
ReplyDeleteby: Ethan Marom
I think Remembrance Day is about the soldier’s that fought and died for our country. They fought for peace and freedom. They left their families for our country. I don’t think there will be anyone else that honours our country like they did. On Remembrance Day it’s important for us to honour what they did for peace.
ReplyDeleteRemembrance Day is important to me because there are three different members of my family that went to war and they risked it all for us. Two were my great grandfathers and one was my second cousin Sam.
By Pierce
I think Remembrance day is about appriciating how people sacrifed their lives so the rest of canada was safe. Also Remembrance day means remembering the people that helped and protected our country. Remembrance day is important because we celebrate the bravery and courage the soilders had to fight in war. By: Gillian=)
ReplyDeleteI think Remembrance Day is important to me because all the soldiers had sacrificed themselves to keep our country safe. They were peace keepers for our country. They had to leave their families and friends all for their country.
ReplyDeleteEven though I have know personal connection with anybody who was in the war and other things, I have feelings for them because if they hadn't fought so passionately in the war, we might have not been here.
- Punita